Like many of you, in the last couple of years I have started to listen to a lot more podcasts. They are a great way to expand your thinking and to hear stories about and from some of the most amazing people.
I am often asked about the ones I listen to. While there is literally a podcast about pretty much anything out there, generally I like to listen to ones bent towards business, leadership and innovation, although occasionally a good “who done it” will slide in there.
Here are some, I think you might enjoy (in no particular order):
- School of Greatness – The host, Lewis Howes is New York Times Best Selling Author, entrepreneur and former pro athlete. On his podcast he interviews and shares the stories of successful entrepreneurs such as Tony Robbins, Robert Kiyosaki, Jay Shetty and many others. Generally his podcasts are around 60 minutes in length, although the time will literally fly by.
- Masters of Scale – Hosted by Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn and investor at Greylock. In each episode, Reid shows how companies grow from zero to a gazillion, testing his theories with legendary leaders. Podcast are generally about 30 minutes.
- Entrepreneurs on Fire – Hosted by John Lee Dumas, this award winning podcast (Best of iTunes) features entrepreneurs who are truly “on fire”. The podcast has hosted over 2,000 interviews with industry heavyweights such as Seth Godin, Gary Vaynerchuk, Tony Robbins and Tim Ferriss.
- Ask Gary Vee Show – Hosted by Gary Vaynerchuk, entrepreneur, author, speaker, and Internet personality. He is best known for his work in digital marketing and social media as the chairman of New York-based communications company, VaynerX and as CEO of VaynerX subsidiary, VaynerMedia.
- START Podcast – Hosted by Margaux and Matthew Miller, this brother and sister duo promote entrepreneurship in the Canadian Prairies through interviews with local business founders. Episodes are approximately 45 minutes in length and can be heard bi-weekly.
- How I Built This – Hosted by Guy Raz, journalist, correspondent and radio host. He interviews some of the biggest entrepreneurs in the world to find out how they got their businesses to be as profitable as they are. With guests like Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield (founders of Ben& Jerry’s) and Bobbi Brown, Raz takes his years of experience as a journalist to really dig into the story of these top brands.
- Impact Theory – Hosted by Tom Bilyeu, filmmaker, entrepreneur and founder of Quest Nutrition. He interviews a wide range of individuals who have overcome the odds to become top in their fields, including Tony Robbins, Simon Sinek, John Travolta, Rachel Hollis, Marie Forleo, etc. Generally episodes run around 45 minutes.
- Growing the Future Podcast – Hosted by Dan and Terry Aberhart, these brothers talk agriculture and business development with a wide range of the business owners and operators in western Canada. We especially appreciate having been invited on as one of their guests in year one.
One of the things we believe is in order to grow your business or organization, you have to be prepared to open yourself up to new ideas. Each of these podcasts, present great information and I hope you consider checking some of them out for yourself!