Funny Interview Questions That Make You Think
We could all use a little humour from time to time. Recently I had a client send me a set of interview questions she had received and wanted some insight into one of the questions.
The interview question was, “If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be and why?” Now I have heard a lot of different questions, but I have to admit that was a new one.
I know many times, these seemingly random questions, seem pointless, but many larger companies have incorporated them into their interview process. With often being unexpected, you do truly get to see how your potential employee reacts to the “strange and crazy” and how they answer can provide a different kind of insight into who they are and what is important to them.
Thought it would be fun to see what other kinds of crazy interview questions are out there. Here is a compilation of some fun ones (I especially like number 27!).
- What would you paint if you needed to create a masterpiece?
- What was the last gift you gave someone?
- How would you sell frozen lemonade in Whitehorse in the winter?
- Why are manhole covers round?
- What’s the colour of money?
- If you could have any extraordinary superhero power, what would you choose and why?
- Describe the purpose of a rubber duck to someone from another planet.
- How many windows are in Toronto?
- If you had a time machine to go anywhere you wanted, past or future, where would you go and why?
- Someone gives you a camel. You can’t sell it or give it away. What do you do with the camel?
- How many loonies would fit into this room?
- What do you think about when you’re alone in your vehicle?
- Why is a tennis ball fuzzy?
- Would you consider yourself to be an introvert or an extrovert?
- If you were a breakfast cereal, what would you be and why?
- A movie is being made about your life. Who would you choose to play you in the film?
- If you had to choose an animal that best represents you, what animal would it be and why?
- What is the theme song for your life?
- You walk out of this interview and discover you’ve won 50 million dollars. What would you do?
- Why do hot dogs come in packages of ten and hot dog buns come in packages of eight?
- What do you know to be true?
- If someone stranded you on a deserted island and you had shelter and a food supply but could only bring three items, what would you bring and why?
- Without the fear of failure, what’s one thing you would love to try?
- You’re a new colour added to a crayon box. What colour are you and why?
- If you had to work but didn’t need the money, what would you do?
- If you had to write your eulogy, what would you say?
- Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck?
- Describe the purpose of this job to someone from another planet.
- How would you design a pair of glasses for a bird?
- What’s the funniest thing that recently happened to you?
- What children’s movie is scary to you?
- How many red cars are there in Vancouver?
- If you could go back in time to have lunch with any famous person, who would it be and why?
- How many chicken wings could you eat in one sitting?
Hope you had some fun with these and think about how you might be able to incorporate your own seemingly crazy question into your next interview.
If you enjoyed this article, sign up to receive notifications of new ones coming out.